New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

7 Dec 2015

Why I'm Not One Of Buhari's Ministers Today – Femi Falana

Human Rights Lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), has revealed that he eventually did not make it to become of of President Muhammadu Buhari's Minister due to some "ideological reason".

Below is how he captured the under current in an interview with The Interviewer mag:
“I was actually contacted. I was actually invited to come on board. It took me appreciable time to make up my mind. Along the way, I was made to understand there were people who were opposed to my appointment for ideological reasons. For me, it would have been a call to service, not to make money.
Those who believed that I should mobilize people to put in a word for me, or wanted me to speak to somebody I fought on principle several years ago were, of course, disappointed. 
This guy actually headed one of the universities at a time students were killed. I had to support the students’ cause at that time. You don’t then expect me to go to him and swallow my vomit. This is what I mean by the ideological price."

No comments: