New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

14 Sept 2011

Miss Angola now Miss Universe 2011

Miss Angola Lopes being crowned by outgoing queen Ximena Navarrete of Mexico
Angola’s Leila Lopes has been crowned Miss Universe on Monday, September 12, 2011 in the Credicard Hall, Sao Paulo, Brazil after she outshone 88 other contestants to win the pageant’s 60th edition.


Elegant Lopes came out tops after a question and answer session where she talked about what physical trait she would change if she could.
Thank God I’m very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn’t change a thing. I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life’, Lopes said when asked her interview question.

Olesia Stefanko from Ukraine and Priscila Machado of Brazil filled up the first and second runner-up positions respectively while Miss Philippines came fourth.
Special awards were given to Miss Montenegro (Miss Congeniality), Miss Sweden (Miss Photogenic) and Miss Panama (Best National Costume).

The pageant was hosted by NBC Today anchor Natalie Morales and Bravo Network’s Andy Cohen, and was broadcast live on NBC to about 170 countries.
South Africa’s Margaret Gardiner was the first African to win the pageant in Acapulco, Mexico, 1978.

Nigeria’s representative Sophie Gemal did not make it past the first round.
Miss Universe is an annual international beauty contest run by the Miss Universe Organization, co-owned by Donald Trump and the National Broadcasting Company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good miaking africa proud...Black is Beautiful
infoforkelly@yahoo.com