New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

23 Feb 2016

First Ever Baby Gorilla Delivered In Britain Via Caesarean

This tiny baby gorilla, is the first in Britain to have been delivered by caesarean section.
Prof David Cahill and Dr Aamna Ali carried out the op after mum Kera, 11, suffered life-threatening pre-eclampsia.It was feared mum and unborn baby could die if she went into labour.

Eight zoo-keepers carried the 20-stone gorilla into a clinic at the zoo after Kera was given an anaesthetic in her compound,Daily Mirror reports.
 Prof Cahill, who has done 3,000 C-sections on humans, said:
“Along with having my own children, this is probably one of the biggest achievements of my life and something I will certainly never forget."I've since been back to see the baby and she has fattened up quite nicely. I held her for ten minutes and that was very special."They have an unusually strong grip and she was clinging onto my finger and
my shirt very tightly."
Only a handful of gorillas worldwide have been delivered by caesarean.



No comments: