New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

18 Dec 2016

I Was Not Persuaded To Concede Defeat To Buhari- Jonathan

 Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has dispelled rumours he was pressured to concede defeat after the 2015 Presidential election.
Jonathan spoke at the graduation ceremony of Bingham University in Nasarawa State, where he and ex-head of state, General Yakubu Gowon were awarded honorary doctorate degrees.
He said:
“I understand from the Vice Chancellor’s speech and the citation that I was selected for this award because I ensured a peaceful and united country during my tenure as President, especially during the 2015 general election. I thank the university for appreciating that single act. It is my belief that no one’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. And I am fulfilled knowing that my conceding while the votes were still being compiled, which was born out of my personal principles and convictions, is generating positive impact in other nations. Let me make it clear, that I was not persuaded to do so by anyone within or outside the country. I knew it was the right thing to do.”

No comments: