New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

18 Oct 2011

Headies Nominees Speak Their Minds


A total of 58 nominees have been featured in the 2011 edition of The Headies; while some like artistes Tiwa SavageSamklefKas and oLamide are up for nomination for the first time, others like Ice Prince2face Idibia, Dr. SID, have received over 5 nominations.

The awards which will hold this weekend, Saturday, October 22, 2011 has raised a lot of anticipation, not only from fans and music pundits but also from the artistes who are up for nomination. We all have our fingers crossed.

Nigerian Entertainment Today spoke a few of the nominees and this is what they had to say…

People keep saying the kind of music I do, it may be hard to ‘blow’ in this space but as we can see I am getting quite a bit of recognition and that’s really awesomeBez

On the song that got me that nomination, I think personally the wordplay and metaphors was super phenomenal and very Nigerian. So I think I have a shot. Yes, I have a shot
Vector

I’m already a winner, just to be nominated. It’s nice to be nominated, it will even be nicer if I win it, but I am just grateful Femi Adeyinka

It’s an honour, it’s always humbling, to be set aside by your peers to be recognised for your hard work – Essence

Whoever wins, I think we all have worked hard and we all deserve much more to come, so 

I’m just happy for myself and everyone Tiwa Savage

I feel great because I think I worked really hard this time and it’s one thing when you are working hard and nobody says well done – Waje

I classify the Headies as the best awards in Nigeria, I will call it our own kind of Grammy and I think this year is a difficult year though – Timi Dakolo

I think I am honoured, very happy because that actually shows that are some people sitting down somewhere watching what we are doing -  Jahbless

I mean if Hip Hop World Awards could give everybody awards, then they would. So the fact that we are all nominated shows that we are winners already – Goldie

It’s head-swelling, the way I feel right now in my head. But I gotta appreciate it; the Headies has come a long way. You know, I hope I win one. I would love to win all but you know no be only me be Superman for the area! But it’s a good thing, everybody come out and have fun – 2face

I think nominating me alone, means people appreciate my work and that is one thing I have always wanted in life. I really want to get across to the youth so for me being appreciated with legends, with my mentors, these I are the guys I want to be like and now I am being nominated alongside them. If I win it, glory be to God; if I don’t, I will work harder to win the next one – Patrick Ellis

I am not sure what the Headies are based on; if it is for creativity, being unique or being classic, then maybe we should be getting that award Gini

It would be a miracle, I would definitely plank on stage if I win ‘Recording of the year’ but I am hoping – Eva Ezi

So many artistes have come and have gone but Ruggedman is still here and he is not just here, he is still getting nominated for awards – Ruggedman

I can say this without a shadow of doubt that the Headies is the award of awards, after the awards then the rest follow – Terry Tha Rapman

I felt good that I was nominated for Best Conscious Music, it shows that they also award people that make out time to write about issues like this – Omawumi

For me, the Headies is one platform that everybody wants to be associated with. It feels good, I’m happy to be here – Jaywon

I feel very happy and very privileged to be one of the nominees for the Headies and it makes me feel like I am trying to impart to the industry and not just be there –JSleek

I’m gonna say this; Hip Hop World Awards is noni, because Hip Hop World Awards in on point – Samklef

So it’s a great feeling that you just wrote something in your room and suddenly people are hearing it and they like it and you are being nominated – Ego

Any artiste that has been nominated before or has won a Headie, knows that they are part of the elite – Reminisce

I think the Headies are a bit too heavy but it’s good because if you come to my house without being invited, I smash you over the head with a Headie – Modenine
I look forward to being a part of every year and I am kinda proud that I am still part of it this year – 2shotz

I actually did not think I was going to get any nomination this year but I am very excited. I am looking forward to having a pretty Headie in my house; I don’t have one yet and I hope I get one this year – Mo’Cheddah

I am actually proud to be a nominee this year, last year I was a spectator, new on the scene, this year I’m up for the Hip Hop Revelation Award – Lynxx

It is a great feeling because I have actually released 4 singles so at least someone out there still recognizes me to give me this nomination – D’Prince

I believe in the Hip Hop Awards. I feel very good and happy because I wouldn’t lie to you, I have not won any award before but I am always a winner anyway – Durella

It is a good thing to not only be appreciated by your fans but by the industry as well so Hip Hop World Awards is a big deal – WizKid

It is every artiste’s dream to be appreciated for the work you put out there – Dr. Sid

Everybody knows that the story of MI begins with Best Rap Single ‘Crowd Mentality’ in 
2008 so I am forever grateful to the organization – M.I

No comments: