New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

28 May 2014

Super Eagles’ Ogenyi Onazi narrates how he escaped Jos Bomb Blast by 15 minutes

 Super Eagles and Lazio of Italy  midfielder,  Ogenyi Onazi


During the recent bomb blast that rocked Jos,Plateau State some people were lucky to have escaped before the bomb went off while some were unfortunate,Super Eagles and Lazio of Italy midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi, shares his story how narrowly escaped being killed.
Onazi, who was born in Jos, told theBritish Broadcasting Corporation on Tuesday, that he left the popular Main Market in Jos, barely 15 minutes before the first blast rocked the area.

The first and second blasts at the crowded   market killed at least 150 people.
“I am very, very lucky, just by the grace of God,”   said Onazi who   is now with the Super Eagles in London as they prepare for Wednesday’s(today) friendly against Scotland.
The footballer added, “It was just like an ordinary day. Happy faces and friendly warmth that make you feel happy to be back home.
“We had gone to the railway market to get something. I think it was 15 minutes later when we heard the loud blast from the place. And suddenly, people were just running.
“There was chaos and pandemonium. There was smoke, I was confused, lost and just wondered what had happened. I had no idea ofwhat was going on and it was scary.
“All my life I have never heard a bang or boom like that.”
Onazi said the unrest in Nigeria had made it difficult for him to focus on football.
“Some will say I should be happy to be alive but I just feel concerned about the security challenges in Jos and Nigeria as a country,” he said.
“I was born and bred in a peaceful Jos. I may be fortunate enough to live outside the place right now, but I still have my family and friends who live in the city.
“I always get worried when there are reports of terrible incidents there on a regular basis. It’s sad and depressing to live with this.
He challenged the Federal Government to quickly “step up security across the country” because “innocent people are dying.”
“Personally, I think there is a need for a holistic approach to solving this problem once and for all,” the player said.
Source: Trend

No comments: