New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

12 Nov 2014

Why I Rejected $7000 World Cup Bonus-Courtney Dike


Several reaction has followed since Nigeria U20 Falconet Courtney Dike turned down the$7000 given to the government, she explained that an acceptance of the bonus would have meant losing her almost $35,000 annual football scholarship at the Oklahoma State University under NCAA rules.

Read her statement  below via the office of the media officer of the Nigeria Football Federation,the 19 year old said.
“I would like to respond to what I have been reading on the internet about rejecting bonuses.I am delighted to play for Nigeria whenever called upon. I knew before leaving for the U-20 World Cup that I would not accept any bonuses.
Acceptance of prize money is against NCAA regulations (the division 1 collegiate governing body) here in the US, so that is the main reason for rejecting it.Knowing this beforehand, I still chose to represent the country because I believed the experience would be more valuable than the money, and I was right,”

No comments: