New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

19 Oct 2015

Cause Of Death For LUTH Consultant Still Unknown



 Oh my God I hope the cause of her death will be revealed oooo

The Lagos state police command are working to unravel the circumstance surrounding the death of a consultant Paediatric Surgeon with the Lagos state University Teaching Hospital LUTH, Dr Hestianna Thomas. According to reports, the mother of 2, who was married to a Consultant Clinical Pathologist at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, was brought into LUTH last week Thursday with her body lacerated and her head broken.

“A close examination of her body revealed a lot of lacerations. In fact, I noticed that the head had a deep cut. When other colleagues also saw her, they said there was a deep cut on her skull, because they saw pierced bone. Her colleagues, especially the female doctors, were stunned when Dr Thomas was rushed in.”a source said 
It is believed she is a victim of domestic violence while others believe she might have committed suicide. The Lagos State Department of Domestic Violence has demanded for an autopsy to be carried out on the deceased as they are willing to pursue the case to its logical conclusion.


Reacting to the report, the Lagos state Medical Association, Chairman, Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria, LUTH branch, Dr. Emeka Ogbolu, said it was regrettable for anyone to believe the deceased was killed by her husband
“I was appalled at how some people jumped to conclusions that it was homicide without investigating or asking questions. I also had to refrain because it is really painful being that I saw her on Tuesday and therefore it came as a shock. I just came from their home where I went to pay a condolence visit and what I saw was a pained and angry mother. Her mother, after I introduced myself, pleaded that we do not abandon her son-in-law who is a son to her. While weeping she asked why someone will be so insensitive and wicked to her as a mother and conclude that her son-in-law killed her daughter. She cursed those that started it because she said they have only added to her pain which is already unbearable. She said she is a principal officer in a university and has some background in psychology and she knows the tell tale signs of domestic violence. She visits often and would not have hesitated to forcefully drag her daughter out of the marriage had that been the case. She would have known from her interaction with their children. She said those who started this have stung her where it hurts because she does not joke with her children. She said she broke down when she saw the newspaper that carried the story. I saw a mother pained. I think it was genuine. I promised her I would pass on her message as much as I can and that is all I have done.” he said

No comments: