New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

28 Oct 2015

I Was Only Playing A Prank- Suspected Kidnapper of SUN DMD's Wife


  This your prank is going to cost you your freedom, hmmmmm
 
One of the suspected members of the kidnap gang that abducted Toyin, wife of the Deputy Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief of The Sun Newspapers, Mr. Steve Nwosu, at his Okota residence in Lagos,has been arrested.
The suspect, Odo Sylvester, an Economics Student of the Kogi State University, who spoke with Daily Sun said he was only playing a prank and decided to cash in on the kidnap.He swears,he didn't kidnap her..

“Actually, I made a serious mistake by indulging in a stupid behaviour. I am a lover of The Sun Newspapers because I like the style of the paper. One of the writers that I admire is Steve Nwosu. When I looked at Nwosu’s column and I did not see his write up, so, I asked why he did not  write and someone told me that his wife, Toyin, was kidnapped.
“I now said wow, it would be an opportunity to make money. I picked his number from his column. I now called him and told him that he should send me N100,000 so that I could link him to his wife. He agreed. I was thinking about it that the money was too small to bear such a risk. I then changed my mind and told him to pay N2 million, pretending that I hid his wife in my custody.  He seemed to have agreed, but as he was negotiating on how to pay, the real kidnappers contacted him. When I called him again, he said I should not call him again. He said I should stop playing with him. I decided to keep my cool.
“I swear, I don’t know the kidnappers. I was only cashing in on the situation to extort money from Nwosu. If the police like, let them kill me, I don’t know the people that kidnapped Toyin. I am begging the government to look into the issue. I swear to God Almighty, I don’t know any thing about the abduction of Toyin.
“I was trailed through the phone number I used in communicating with Nwosu. I was picked in the school. I told you that I am an Economics Student of the Kogi State University. I am in 200 level. I am afraid that  my arrest may affect my education.

No comments: