New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

9 Nov 2015

TV Personality Von Apochi Makes Interesting Political Predictions About This Regime


Politics: this will become an open eye, read through and see my predictions for the country Nigeria, make your comments and opinion. Our current economy is not in a proud state as both inflation and poor Naira strength are both remarkable indices amongst others. The truth be said, GEJ's Regime, excluding the alleged theft by ex ministers, the economy was relatively stronger, better liquidity, both macro and micro economic factors were relatively stable. 

I now strongly believe that the saboteurs during GEJ's Regime were playing deadly and dirty politics that had possibly infused both exogenous and endogenous adverse effect. Okonji Iweala was a great mind forging our economy towards greatness amidst plethora of challenges. Let us therefore eliminate the many avoidable challenges like the alleged massive theft et al, Nigeria would have been topping the BRICS NV by now had it been the economic seat of Nigeria was still saddled by Okonji, I believe. 

However, with the so claimed corruption eradication process on going, the economic decadence is at its prime. The fear of the new regime made power increase in our various homes, play and work which became a magical glory as was claimed by many but I beg to differ in opinion. The huge power influx was a mere coincidence that garnered accolades for the present regime. The professionals will tell you that, whether Buhari or GEJ clinched a victory at the last poll, the power would have been as it is or should I say, "was"? I have suddenly seen the disappearance and/ or less stable power as it were few Months ago; oh maybe the water in the dams are now depleting! Well let the experts also tell us. I recently experienced bliss of power, food and lifestyle in America. New York they say is an expensive State but with my poor currency exchange rate to the dollar I had fun shopping and satisfied with quality. Oh, how I wish it was one Naira to a Dollar, I probably would have chartered a plane. My experience in Kenya and Tanzania with power was superb.

I get super disgruntled thinking about power in Nigeria. I pray that one day I will come back from work, seat on my couch, pick my remote control, change to Channels TV, CNN, Discovery or African Magic without the fear of, " oh Lord NEPA should not interrupt". Well I hope! If you ask me today but not tomorrow, I would have preferred GEJ's Regime but, maybe I could change my mind hoping Buhari truly has a change plan. Change comes in different forms, maybe you have to destroy the economy first then rebuild it but I would have preferred a change that charges upward continually without first destroying it. I love my State, Delta State and of course my adopted State, Lagos State for the "smell of hope" and luster they propose. Both States are run by two opposition parties but they bring hope. 

This clearly tells me that politics is a game of self preservation. My predictions for Nigeria: Buhari will continue to try and try, APC is a media party with the "masses style" of politics which means they will carry the masses along with their affairs and attempts, using the media and more; this will give hope to the general public even if nothing has changed. I predict that this Regime will eradicate bad people, really corrupt people but it will be selective as their own party corruption will be left alone. Nothing will "really" change but Nigerians will relax and not complain for two reasons: 1. APC is a media and people's party like the Democrats in the US, 2. PDP is an Elites Party like the Republicans in America and by so a very weak opposition, they may not be able to give APC a run for their money. 
Though I appreciate Olisa Metuh and Gov. Fayose, they are making good opposition attempts amidst non democratic threat from the Presidency void of Buhari's opinion (I believe). APC is trying so hard to at least nab one of the oil rich States in the Niger Delta, as this may cushion their "fiscal polity", they will get one of the three remaining as they have lost Delta State "yeah!" many will exclaim. Please I do not mean to sound regionally sentimental as I am a strong Nigerian with love for all regions. 
The people of the Niger Delta are by far one of the most politically ill people (sorry to say that, my opinion). Let me explain, no northern person will do what Amaechi did no matter how devilish his brother is. I have lived in the North before, Yobe State to be precise and have visited many States in the North. We would have at least expected a Tribunal issue in Bauchi, Niger and more but what do we have, " they agree to disagree", winners take all, they swallow their pride; except for Kwara State (middle belt of course). What do we have in the South-South? Well answer that yourself. Lessons to be learned. 

Let me conclude by saying my practical solution to this Regime is, stop the attack on PDP stalwart and do what Tunde Bakare suggested. Enter a close door meeting with suspected Ministers that are alleged to have looted the economy, ask them to quietly make refunds of the stolen wealth, then let them be. I also suggest that this Regime should let Senate President, Bukola Saraki free of all these 13 charges because the nuisance yet to come will be greater than all these Judicial disagreement. Personal Vendetta should stop as the polity will be further heated up. Nigeria is too fragile for all these heat especially from the angle of ethnicity and her differences. All these are my opinions and I do not intend to incite any form of argument or attack on any party or individual. You may just air your mind simply either in agreement or disagreement. Many thanks for your time. Kindly follow me on twitter and IG @vonapochi

4 comments:

Ella Etoma said...

Nicely said Von

Unknown said...

I agree brilliant submission by Von. May God help Naija.

Unknown said...

Von ehh. All that is good is a coincidence. Let PDP be. Let ministers who stole our collective wealth be. Nobody should fight it because if they do there will be dust, more than it affects us as a nation reminiscence in lack, penury and hate for this nation. When APC too are done and LP or SDP or APGA come up, she let APC be because its witch hunting. GEJ is just a mistake. It could have been one someone of strong personality from from the SS.

Hey guys, let the witch continues witchcrftery and let the hunter do his hunting. See this campaign from the positive end. And who ever is in charge of our wealth now should also know that there is an account to render tomorrow to another sets of Nigeria. QUD.
GEJ
That's how the CHANGE we crave will be instituted.

Unknown said...

@Edache, ur submission is brilliant but I beg to differ, Von has a far more brilliant prediction and analysis. God save this country from propagandas