New Stories, Thrilling Gist, Engage your self with the lates!

13 Aug 2014

A Cobbler Kills His Mother Over Alleged Witchcraft



Ekene Ucheagwu aged 29 allegedly took law into his hands by killing his 65-year-old mother Agnes in her home in Ogbunka,Orumba South LGA,Anambra State whom he said was using witchcraft to block the progress of her surviving four children 
He was yesterday paraded by men of the Special Anti Robbery Squad, SARS, Awkuzu. The cobbler, said: “I decided to kill her because she did not allow the spirit of God to come into our family. 

”Once she cursed anybody, that person will never progress and she was doing it to my brothers and sisters very often.“I am the only one among her six children (two later died) that knew her secrets. My elder brother, who is 45 years old is yet to get married and nobody in our area agrees to marry any of my sisters or their daughters to marry any of us.
“When I confronted her by calling her ‘queen of the coast’, she tried to kill me, having known that I knew her secrets and that was why I decided to kill her first. “I hit her on the head with a big stick at night and she slumped and died and I carried her in a wheelbarrow that night to the Obukwu bush in my community where I burnt her body to ashes.”

He said that after some days of the incident, some people in the community, who did not see her, began to suspect that something terrible had happened, but they could not prove anything, adding that when he could not explain the whereabouts of his mother, the villagers banished him from the community.Ekene said he fled to Aba, Abia State where he continued with his business until men of SARS arrested him.

He said that his late mother never got married, adding that she had all her six children in her father’s house and they all answer her maiden name.He said that having realised the enormity of his action, he was regretting killing his mother, although he insisted that; ”When the kingdom of God finally comes, people would realise that I did the right thing.”
 Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Uche Eze, who paraded the suspect said investigation into the matter was continuing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Jungle Justice...Who send am message

Anonymous said...

Horrible things are happening,how can a son take his own mother's life like this

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm.....2nd coming of Jesus Christ....Are you ready

Anonymous said...

This guy is so funny...Are you God to take someone's life

Anonymous said...

Wonders ...........

Anonymous said...

No good news these days....Father God help us all